It’s been quite a beautiful, challenging, and intense year.
This song about sums it up. In spite of the challenges, the ups and downs, I made many dreams come true:
1) finishing my thesis novel manuscript (even though there were times my supervisor worried I wouldn’t finish)
2) completing my MFA (I’m so glad I decided to reapply for this long held dream)
3) My picture books are all available electronically and audibly
4) I visited my tenth province— Prince Edward Island— and returned to Nova Scotia after 20+ years.
5) I’m teaching elementary school music... finally.
Some challenges too.
But here’s what I learned from them:
2) Make time for the people you care about.
3) You can learn from your mistakes.
4) Work steadily but take breaks.
There were so many people pictured in this reel who helped make this year truly a blessing for me. And, I wish this reel was longer... there are so many people who helped make this an amazing year for me who aren’t in this video. Thank you to everyone.
(This is my fifth (or so) attempt at creating this video reel and I’m thankful it is finished.)
Song: Blessed by Jill Scott